X1 for Hospitality (X14H): For Administrative Users
For clients who are not on-campus residents and want TV service through Penn Video Network, we offer the X1 For Hospitality streaming service, provided by Comcast. Please note that premium content and Cloud DVR are not available for the X1 For Hospitality platform.
We cannot provide X14H service to Penn locations outside the Philadelphia metropolitan area.
X1 For Hospitality streaming requires the following items and actions:
- A proprietary set-top box (provided by Comcast) that connects to a TV or display through HDMI. (One 5′ HDMI cable is provided by Comcast.) You can download the X1 For Hospitality xi5 hardware specifications sheet here.
- A dedicated wired Ethernet connection to receive the streaming television signal. Clients’ local ISPs can assist in ordering additional data installation and activation from ISC.
- Make sure to request an Ethernet port for X1 TV Service with Penn Video. This is different from a generic PennNet port.
- The wired Ethernet port must be added to a unique building vLAN (“[building code]-PVN-COMCAST”).
- If the unique building vLAN does not exist, client must request the creation of this VLAN. Note that there is a charge for this service in addition to port installation and/or activation.
- Dedicated standard A/C power. For additional power needs, ISC recommends clients work with FRES or their building administrator or landlord.
- A linked remote control (provided by Comcast) that controls the set-top box.
Each X1 set-top box has a monthly service rate to cover the rental and service support of the programming as well as the box itself. For the current per-box monthly billing rate, see the Penn Video Network Rates page. Clients are also responsible for any one-time fees related to Network infrastructure changes or additions. Contact your local ISP for help determining costs for new wiring installations.
X1 For Hospitality boxes are controlled only through remote control; there are no manual buttons on the box itself.
If you would like to take advantage of the X1 For Hospitality service, contact ISC Client Care and specify that you would like the X1 For Hospitality streaming television service.
Alternate video delivery options for Non-Residential spaces include DIY streaming (using a personal account), DSS (Direct Satellite Service) such as DirecTV, or digital antenna. Clients are responsible for checking with their local Building Administrator about architectural concerns regarding satellite dishes or antennas.
LINEUP and OPTIONS
Administrative clients who have Comcast’s X1 For Hospitality set-top box streaming television service have a slightly different channel lineup, but it’s mostly the same as the residential XFINITY on Campus lineup noted below. Download the X14H lineup available in our area: https://bit.ly/upennx14h
Due to the nature of its licensing, the X14H service does not offer the option to upgrade the published X14H channel lineup to premium services.
The X14H service does not offer Cloud DVR recording.
The X14H channel lineup cannot be streamed on-demand. It shows live channels only, at location.
If you have an issue with your X1 For Hospitality set-top box, contact ISC Client Care. Provide your name, department, and the building and room where the set-top box is located, and ISC Client Care will initiate a trouble ticket for tracking.
Troubleshoot Unresponsive Remote Control Buttons
- Press a button on the remote:
- If the LED does not flash at all, replace the batteries and try again.
- If the LED flashes red five times on any button press, this is an indication that the batteries are very low and should be replaced.
- If the buttons are still unresponsive, chat with Comcast for assistance.
Factory Reset the Xfinity Voice Remote Control without a Setup Button (XR15)
If the buttons on your Voice Remote (XR15) are still unresponsive, you may need to perform a factory reset. To perform a factory reset:
- Press and hold the A (triangle) and D (diamond) buttons at the same time for three seconds until the status light changes from red to green.
- Press 9-8-1.
- The LED will blink blue three times to indicate that the remote was reset.
The factory reset unpairs your remote and TV Box, so you’ll need to re-pair them. See instructions for pairing your Xfinity remote and TV Box.
List of x-PVN-COMCAST vLANs (current as of Nov. 20, 2023)
ANB-PVN-COMCAST (Annenberg School)
BRB-PVN-COMCAST (Biomedical Research Building/Stellar Chance Labs)
BRC-PVN-COMCAST (Biomedical Research Building)
CAS-PVN-COMCAST (Caster Building)
CHP-PVN-COMCAST (Public Safety/4040 Chestnut Street)
COM-PVN-COMCAST (1920 Commons)
CRB-PVN-COMCAST (Clinical Research Building)
DCC-PVN-COMCAST (Hamilton Village/220 S. 40th Street)
DIA-PVN-COMCAST (3901 Walnut Street)
DUB-PVN-COMCAST (WEB DuBois College House)
EVN-PVN-COMCAST (Evans Building, 4001 Spruce Street)
FKB-PVN-COMCAST (Franklin Building)
GEB-PVN-COMCAST (Graduate School of Education)
GRE-PVN-COMCAST (Greenfield Intercultural Center, 3708 Chestnut Street)
GRT-PVN-COMCAST (Sansom Place West)
GYM-PVN-COMCAST (Pottruck Health & Fitness Center)
HAJ-PVN-COMCAST (Hajoca Building/3025 Walnut Street)
HIL-PVN-COMCAST (Hill College House)
HRN-PVN-COMCAST (Rodin College House)
HRS-PVN-COMCAST (Harrison College House)
HSE-PVN-COMCAST (Class of 1925/Gregory College House)
KIN-PVN-COMCAST (King’s Court-English College House)
LCH-PVN-COMCAST (Lauder College House)
LCT-PVN-COMCAST (The ARCH, 3601 Locust Walk)
LEW-PVN-COMCAST (Lewis/Silverman Building, 3501 Sansom Street)
LSH-PVN-COMCAST (Locust House/Penn Women’s Center, 3643 Locust Walk)
MAY-PVN-COMCAST (Mayer College House)
MLA-PVN-COMCAST (Anatomy-Chemistry Building, 3620 Hamilton Walk)
NCW-PVN-COMCAST (New College House West)
PGH-PVN-COMCAST (University Meeting & Guest House)
RPC-PVN-COMCAST (Ronald O. Perelman Center, 133 S. 36th Street)
SPA-PVN-COMCAST (Carriage House, 3930 Irvin Street)
VHP-PVN-COMCAST (Ryan Veterinary Hospital)
VPM-PVN-COMCAST (Van Pelt Manor/Gregory College House)