Penn Video’s streaming services are designed to be available 24/7/365. However, sometimes issues occur. We recommend following some simple troubleshooting steps. Always try these troubleshooting steps first. We’ll ask you to take these steps anyway if you contact us for help.
Troubleshooting steps vary by service, and some processes require integration with one of our third-party vendors. We ask for your patience when you do report an issue.
While Penn Video Network is not staffed 24 hours a day, we are supported by ISC’s Client Care Help Desk.
TROUBLESHOOTING YOUR ACCESS
I Can’t Access XFINITY on Campus
* In rare instances, our local database and Comcast’s database don’t match up, and residents may see the following error when they try to log in to XFINITY on Campus:
FEDX100001 error (“We are unable to determine your campus residency status”)
If this happens, contact College House Technology, so we can work with them to resolve your authentication issue. They’ll need your name and PennKey name for identification purposes. If you’re not part of the College House system, contact your local ISP so they can work with us. Note that XFINITY on Campus is only available to students currently living in the College Houses, Sansom Place, and GreekNet OFSL Houses.
It can take up to 1 hour after action by our staff to restore your full authentication privileges.
I Can’t Access PVN Movie Service
* PVN Movie Service streaming services are designed to work for anyone connected to PennNet, whether wired or WiFi. Some services require specific plug-ins or work better on particular browsers, but they are available to everyone. If you follow the links for one of the services and you see a third-party login screen or a restricted access notice, check your Internet connection. You may be on a non-PennNet service. If you can see that you are on a PennNet Internet service and you’re still having access issues, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TROUBLESHOOTING A SERVICE
XFINITY on Campus won’t play
* Make sure you’re connected to the campus network (PennNet, AirPennNet, or AirPennNet-Device).
* If you’re watching XFINITY on Campus on your computer, try loading the XFINITY on Campus web portal on a different browser. You may need to authenticate again using your PennKey. You should also clear your browser cache.
* If you’re watching XFINITY on Campus using the XFINITY Stream app on a mobile device or approved third-party device, try closing the app and restarting.
* Visit Comcast’s XFINITY on Campus Troubleshooting page for help with other common issues.
A PVN Movie Service Movie Won’t Play
* Try viewing the movie on a different browser. If you still can’t access the title in question, contact us at email@example.com. It’s rare, but on occasion, files can become corrupted in the upload process.
The X1 For Hospitality set-top box remote control stopped working (for administrative users)
* If your X1 For Hospitality remote control has stopped working, first try changing the batteries. If fresh batteries do not resolve the issue, the remote control may need to be re-paired with the X1 box. Follow Xfinity’s instructions for un-pairing (and re-pairing) your remote here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-remote-unpair. If neither of these steps help, contact ISC Client Care and specify that your X1 For Hospitality set-top box remote control has stopped working. Provide your name, your department, the building and room number where the X1 box in question is located.
The X1 For Hospitality set-top box stopped working (for administrative users)
* In the rare event that the X1 For Hospitality set-top box develops an issue with signal or service, contact ISC Client Care and specify that your X1 For Hospitality set-top box has stopped working. Provide your name, your department, the building and room number where the X1 box in question is located. ISC Client Care will create a tech ticket with our Comcast representatives for further troubleshooting.